Walking part or all of the way on your regular journey to work is a great way to take more exercise and relieve the stress of the daily commute.
Experts recommend you take at least half an hour of moderate exercise five days a week, but only 20% of people in the UK currently get enough exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle and fitness level.
A few easy ways of including walking into your day are:
- getting off the bus a few stops early and walking the last bit home
- parking in a car park outside of town and walking a bit further into the office
- going for a stroll at lunchtime
Don’t forget to wear sensible clothing, layers are best in the colder months and an umbrella would be advisable throughout the year!
Regular walking will:
- improve your heart and circulation
- lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- promote weight loss
- improve flexibility of joints and muscles
- build strength in muscles and bones
- boost your immune system
- help you breathe more efficiently
- aid restful sleep
- help maintain a balanced body chemistry
- build confidence and mental well-being
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful websites (these sites will open in a new window)
We are not responsible for the content of external websites.